CAMHS mapping has been undertaken since 2002 and following the publication of the Children's National Service Framework CAMHS mapping has sought to support the implementation of Standard 9. The mapping collects data on CAMHS provision and commissioning, including proxies on a comprehensive CAMHS, commissioner spend and budget on specialist CAMHS, the staff make-up of CAMHS teams and information on a range of functions carried out by services (training, assessment, intervention etc). CAMHS teams are also asked to collect a data on their caseload in a sample period, including the number of CAMHS teams, total caseload, cases waiting to be seen, duration of wait and a range of case characteristics (age, gender, ethnicity, primary presenting disorder/problem and referral source).
The current remit of the mapping does not include independent sector provision. This is of particular relevance to the provision of tier 4 services. The online report can be run from the 2005/6 collection onwards.
|CAMHS - A summary of national trends||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS historical trends (2003-2005)||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS national caseload and case characteristics summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS national commissioning and team costs summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS national involvement in training||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS national tier 4 summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS national workforce summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS partnership profile for SAM||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS regional caseload summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS regional commissioning summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS regional service summary||Report||Tables|
|CAMHS regional workforce summary||Report||Tables|
Relevant policy documents
- CM: Audit Commission (1999) Children in Mind. London: Audit Commission
- CR: Department for Children, Schools and Families and Department of Health (2008) Children and young people in mind: The final report of the national CAMHS review.
- ECM: Department for Education and Skills (2004) Every Child Matters. London: DfES.
- INSFs9: Department of Health (2006) Report on the Implementation of Standard 9 of the National Service Framework for Children, Young People and Maternity Services. London: Department of Health
- NSFs9: Department of Health and Department for Education and Skills (2004) Mental health and psychological well-being of children and young people. National service framework for children, young people and maternity services. London: Department of Health/Department for Education and Skills.
- TWG: NHS Health Advisory Service (1995) Together We Stand: The Commissioning, Role and Management of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. London, HMSO